Sample onboarding/welcome flow for the custom clothing mobile app:
Step 1: Welcome Screen
- When the user opens the app for the first time, they’re greeted with a welcome screen that displays the logo and a tagline that summarizes the app’s main features.
- A call-to-action button labeled “Get Started” prompts the user to begin the onboarding process.
Step 2: Registration Screen
- The registration screen asks the user to enter their basic details, such as their name, email, and password.
- There’s an option to sign up using a social media account like Facebook or Google.
- Once the user has entered their information, they can tap the “Sign Up” button to proceed.
Step 3: Personalization Screen
- The personalization screen allows the user to customize their experience by selecting their preferred clothing categories and styles.
- The user can swipe through different clothing styles and select the ones that match their personal taste.
- The app will use this information to personalize the user’s shopping experience and suggest products that match their preferences.
Step 4: Measurement Screen
- The measurement screen is where the user enters their body measurements.
- The app provides detailed instructions on how to take accurate measurements and displays images to help the user understand the process.
- The user can either enter their measurements manually or use the app’s camera to scan their body and get the measurements automatically.
Step 5: Fabric Screen
- The fabric screen is where the user selects the type of fabric they want for their clothing.
- The user can swipe through different fabric options and select the ones that match their preference.
- The app provides information about each fabric option, such as the composition, weight, and durability, to help the user make an informed decision.
Step 6: Customization Screen
- The customization screen is where the user can further personalize their order by choosing the color, pattern, and other design options.
- The user can swipe through different customization options and select the ones that match their preference.
- The app provides visual representations of each customization option to help the user visualize their order.
Step 7: Checkout Screen
- The checkout screen is where the user can review their order and confirm their purchase.
- The app displays a summary of the order, including the product details, measurements, fabric, and customization options.
- The user can choose their preferred payment method, such as a credit card or PayPal, and enter their payment information.
Step 8: Thank You Screen
- The thank you screen is where the user receives confirmation that their order has been placed.
- The app displays a summary of the order and provides an estimated delivery date.
- The user can tap a button labeled “View My Orders” to see their order history and track the progress of their order.
Overall, the onboarding/welcome flow should be user-friendly, informative, and engaging, helping the user understand the app’s features and use them to create their perfect custom clothing order.